Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just another stranger lookin' for a magic land
But a slap in the face put me in my place
And reminds me who I am
Once daring to dream, thought I did right
But orcs rule here where all is night
And we just sit and take it
I did my time, towin' the line
Always dreamin' that I'd get mine
But dreams are needless luxuries
And poetry's for fools
Meant not for the common man
But for those who make the rules
The rest of us just fake it
My body aches
My strength is gone
Threadbare faith keeps me going on
"Home for Christmas!! "
The war will end
But the dead fill the trenches we defend
And I don't think I will make it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That is one depressing poem. Is life really that bad?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Dad said...

This was written some time ago as a part 1...I have not yet got around to part 2

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home